REGISTRATION NOW OPEN : CLAS AGM 2024 – 2 March 2024 – Celebrating 30 Years of CLAS
CLAS Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The CLAS Annual General Meeting day takes place every year in the month of March and is held at the Regent’s University London, Inner Circle, Regent’s Park, London Nw14ns.
Whilst the AGM morning session is limited to members only, non-members and friends are invited to attend the other exciting activities throughout the day, that are part of the programme.
You will be able to meet and greet members of the CLAS Committee, which provides the perfect opportunity for new potential members to find out more information about the Society. The programme also foresees calligraphy and illustrating demonstrations, a keynote lecture from a guest speaker, the Art & the Letter Exhibition and more. You will also have the chance to purchase some of your favourite calligraphy supplies from various stalls. It is a fun day which brings together calligraphers and artists of all levels from around the UK and abroad.
AGM 2024 – Come and Celebrate 30 Years of CLAS with us!
The AGM 2024 will be held on SATURDAY, 2 MARCH 2024, from 09:30 – 16:30 at Regent’s University London, Inner Circle, Regent’s Park, London Nw14ns. We look forward to seeing you at this Special AGM where we will also be celebrating 30 years of CLAS.
It will be an action-packed day including the following activities with some special features:
- Demonstrators: Joy Daniels and Janet Smith will demonstrate their calligraphy skills with a focus on copperplate and the pleasures and challenges of creating family trees.
- Fellow in Residence: Catthy Stables, FCLAS will show work that reflects her passion for gilding and illumination, often inspired from nature.
- ‘The Royal Room’: Tim Noad and Ewan Clayton will share their experience in designing the royal cyphers and more.
- Afternoon Lecture: ‘3500 Years of the Western Alphabet’ with Paul Antonio. In addition, Paul will also demonstrate ‘Fraktur’ throughout the afternoon.
- Art & the Letter 28th Hybrid Exhibition: Physical and digital entries will be on display.
- CLAS Fellows’ Exhibition: A display of work by our accredited CLAS Fellows.
- CLAS Help Desks: Seek advice on our academic activities, tutoring and available support.
- ‘Looking after the tools of your trade’: Join these mini exercise sessions to help relieve stiffness, tension and tightness in the hands, wrists, upper back, and neck.
- Take and Donate Table: Sale of some second-hand calligraphy material, books and magazines. A selection of brand-new back issues of The Edge will also be available for purchase.
- Pop-up Shops: Shepherds Bookbinders – Paper sales. Penman Direct – Sale of calligraphy and art materials. Calligraphity – Calligraphy and lettering book sale.
PLEASE COMPLETE FORM (ON THE RIGHT) TO REGISTER YOUR PARTICIPATION
Please note that the AGM morning session is limited to members only, but non-members and friends are invited to attend the other exciting activities throughout the day. For security reasons, all participants must register for the event and guest names must be provided. (NB: if you pass on your ticket to another CLAS member or have any difficulty registering please inform Sarah Walker at: firstname.lastname@example.org).
TO FACILITATE THE ORGANISATION, PLEASE KINDLY ENSURE THAT YOUR REGISTRATION FORM AND YOUR PAYMENTS ARE COMPLETED ON THE SAME DAY.
Deadline For Registration: 09 February 2024
tickets and payment methods
Early Bird Discount Registration on and before 31 January 2024 – Tickets cost £15 each
Registrations after 31 January 2024 – Tickets cost £20 each
Ticket payments can be made via Bank Transfer (Ref.: AGM2024 and your full name):
CLAS Account: Sort code: 40-52-40 Account number: 00031828
PAYPAL/ CREDIT CARD
If you wish to pay by cheque, please contact our Treasurer via email: email@example.com
MEMBERS’ CHOICE VOTING ON THE ART AND THE LETTER HYBRID EXHIBITION
All CLAS members will have the opportunity to vote on the day of the AGM for their favourite Art & the Letter entry. CLAS members will be able to collect their voting slips at the venue.
Voting on the digital exhibition entries will take place one week before the AGM. CLAS Members will be informed via email on the procedures on how to vote on the digital entries closer to the AGM date.