benefits for members of the Calligraphy & Lettering Arts Society
- Four issues of the Edge each year – our 32-36 page colour magazine (with occasional inserts on how to write calligraphic scripts)
- CLASnews – our frequent e-mail newsletter to keep you in touch with news of the calligraphy and lettering arts world, including listings for workshops, courses and events
- Discounted LiveOnline courses fees
- Discounted Certificate of Calligraphy entry fees
- Exclusive access to the National Diploma of Calligraphy
- Free entry to the CLAS annual Art & the Letter exhibition, held at the AGM day
- An invitation to enter work for the CLAS Living Letters exhibitions
- Discounts on calligraphy items from L Cornelissen and Son (part of the AGM attendance package)
Your annual subscription runs from the month you join
Overseas members pay a surcharge to cover airmail postage
- UK member = £40
- Non-UK member = £50 (includes Air Mail surcharge of £10)
25% discount to all first time members and under 30s
special offer (limited period) to new members
L Cornelissen and Son Ltd www.cornelissen.com offer a discount (including p+p) to new CLAS members for a set of Schmincke Calligraphy Gouache paints (wooden box with 12 metallic tubes, 20 ml, instruction leaflet). Normal retail price £110. To take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime offer please use the special Schmincke Calligraphy Gouache order form you receive with your joining pack.
- £85 plus p+p (£5 for UK and the actual postage cost applicable to individual countries outside the UK)
If you wish to make a donation please go to Shop Payments page.
image courtesy of David Simons
Print out and complete this new membership application form (Once you’ve made the payment).
NB: If you wish to pay by Direct debit please follow this link https://pay.gocardless.com/AL00005V23FMV8 to set up a mandate.
Fee payment for new or renewing membership
- Direct Debit –you will receive an email notification from GoCardless, please follow the instructions.
- If you do not renew by direct debit then:
- do a bank transfer, (CAF 40-52-40 Account 00031828)
- Credit/debit card pay using PayPal please click here
- send a cheque to the membership secretary
Please include a reference with your payment, your membership number (if you know it), and your name.
For all other queries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can write to the Membership Secretary: